Monthly Archives: March 2014
|March 29, 2014||Posted by V under beauty, change, cray, dating, fam, music|
After getting on his daughter’s computer, this dad writes this letter. I think more dads should be like this man.
13 ways to know you’re dating a grown-ass man.
13 ways to know you’re dating a high-quality woman.
15 things you didn’t know your iPhone could do.
This video makes me want to have all. the. dogs.
I’m not an AC/DC fan, but the fact that this can be done with a cello is amazing.
HOLY MELTDOWN! This little boy’s reaction to a gender reveal is funny. “It’s always girls, girls girls. I hate girls. No more girls.”
Tell me all the bad words you know..
I read in Cosmo that there actually is a reason we say we want to eat babies. A newborn’s scent triggers an area of the brain that releases dopamine, the same hormone that lights up when you eat, according to a study from the Technical University of Dresden.
|March 27, 2014||Posted by V under friends, living life, loves it, music|
I’ve never watched Glee, but Lea Michele was on Jimmy Fallon to perform her new song Cannonball. I instantly liked it and purchased on iTunes.
I don’t know if this is normal, but I think at some point each one of my [close] friends has confided in me their thoughts on suicide. I feel like this is one of those songs that can [help] push you back to the other side. Maybe that’s just me, though. I know it takes a lot more than a song, but this is a great one.
I know I generally come across as poised, sassy, and sometimes even conceited. I think it has a lot to do with being the total opposite when I was younger. I’m sure that makes no sense, but I think I had enough therapy sessions when I was younger to realize my self worth.
Whether its fear, suicide, depression or just a bad day, I think this is such a positive song. The title is my favorite lyric.
|March 27, 2014||Posted by V under cray, work|
One thing I love about blogging is that I can see different types of stats on what draws people to this little old blog. There’s a program that allows you to find out: what search engine visitors are coming from, what phrase or word were typed in, their IP address, number of visitors for a particular month, what page was visited, what day, how long the visitor was on each page, what country they are from (what up people from China [it came in at #2]), operating system, where the visitor connected from, etc. Cool, right? Here are some things I found interesting..
Key phrases used on search engines:
- oct 2013 why do men stare at your boobs
- rules.for.being amazing
- my ex is a prick
- latte colored shoes shoe glitter spray
- vimeo videos women models in garter belts and stockings
- pics of clothing stores and heels a transgender can shop in northern ky
- helicopter ride to sweetwater brewery
- brush mac short shader 214
- male yorkie shaved hair 6 months
- sole matters life in heels blog
- changed supernaturally and put into a dress and heels for sexual fun
How in the hell did some of the people find my blog?! ha! Crazy how those things work.
|March 23, 2014||Posted by V under loves it, music, tv|
This past Friday Kevin Bacon was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. I’ve loved Kevin since Footloose. That is one of my all time favorite movies. I was indifferent to watching him, but Jimmy is unpredictable.. This year is the 30th anniversary to Footloose. Jimmy told the crowd that dancing is outlawed on The Tonight Show.
This happened, and I loved it.
|March 19, 2014||Posted by V under change, cray, health, living life, music, travel|
If you want to send a letter to your dog, you can here.
Watch how dogs drink water. Pretty amazing and I never realized this is how they drink!
A man built a house in Thailand for $9,000. And it’s pretty awesome.
Denver news station puts a penis on the air. High much?
Gretchen explained to me what drinking watermelon means..
|March 18, 2014||Posted by V under advice, change, dating, fam, living life, love, marriage|
Saw this on The Bert Show and thought I’d share.
What Daughters Wish Their Daddies Knew:
1. How you love me is how I will love myself.
2. Ask how I am feeling and listen to my answer, I need to know you value me before I can understand my true value.
3. I learn how I should be treated by how you treat my mom, whether you are married to her or not.
4. If you are angry with me, I feel it even if I don’t understand it, so talk to me.
5. Every time you show grace to me or someone else, I learn to trust God a little more.
6. I need to experience your nurturing physical strength, so I learn to trust the physicality of men.
7. Please don’t talk about sex like a teenage boy, or I think it’s something dirty.
8. When your tone is gentle, I understand what you are saying much better.
9. How you talk about female bodies when you’re “just joking” is what I believe about my own.
10. How you handle my heart, is how I will allow it to be handled by others.
11. If you encourage me to find what brings joy, I will always seek it.
12. If you teach me what safe feels like when I’m with you, I will know better how to guard myself from men who are not.
13. Teach me a love of art, science, and nature, and I will learn that intellect matters more than dress size.
14. Let me say exactly what I want even if it’s wrong or silly, because I need to know having a strong voice is acceptable to you.
15. When I get older, if you seem afraid of my changing body, I will believe something is wrong with it.
16. If you understand contentment for yourself, so will I.
17. When I ask you to let go, please remain available; I will always come back and need you if you do.
18. If you demonstrate tenderness, I learn to embrace my own vulnerability rather than fear it.
19. When you let me help fix the car and paint the house, I will believe I can do anything a boy can do.
20. When you protect my femininity, I learn everything about me is worthy of protecting.
21. How you treat our dog when you think I’m not watching tells me more about you than does just about anything else.
22. Don’t let money be everything, or I learn not to respect it or you.
23. Hug, hold, and kiss me in all the ways a daddy does that are right & good & pure. I need it so much to understand healthy touch.
24. Please don’t lie, because I believe what you say.
25. Don’t avoid hard conversations, because it makes me believe I’m not worth fighting for.
annnnd now I understand why I have all the issues I do. whomp whomp
|March 18, 2014||Posted by V under B, friends, funny, loves it|
Animals are so funny. Saturday I took B over to my friend Gretchen’s house so he could play with her Yorkie. Rambo is very hyper and needs lots of attention and barks a lot. Bentley is the exact opposite. He just kind of lays around, he’s very submissive and new people freak him out. A friend of hers that is staying with her came home and he was all, it’s like your dog has down syndrome, its so crazy how different they are! hahahahaha! G was like, Alex that’s not nice and dogs have different personalities just like humans do!
I digress. My friend Jaclyn posted these two videos on FB and I had to share them with you. The cat and dog video absolutely cracks me up. Cats are such assholes.
This is the exact reason I crate my dog.. (not really but this video is funny)..
I love meeting new people. I met Jaclyn and some of her friends through Gretchen on Saturday. She’s such a sweetheart! Naturally we went out for St. Patty’s Day..
Not sure why I have Something About Mary hair?
good Lord I’m pale.. UGH
|March 8, 2014||Posted by V under bloggers, books, change, cray, fam, food, funny, health, living life, loves it, S, tv|
My bikini came in the mail on Friday! Unfortunately my T&A took one look at it and laughed. It will be sent back as you can definitely see my butt crack in the small bottoms and my boobs look like they might pop out of the top at any minute. I’ve never had to order a large top. WTF? Apparently Australian sizes are completely different than US. I showed Ashley the top and her response was “that is not a medium top!” It really does look like an XS.
This is how it should look, but doesn’t.
I have a confession. I’m a sugar addict. My favorite food is cake. Recently I came across 25 reasons to stop eating sugar. The fact that it’s been linked to cancer alone makes me seriously rethink my intake.
Remember a few years ago when I dated S? Well, his sister Cassie is on a little show called Private Lives of Nashville Wives.
Check out some clips of Cassie. This is not your typical trashy Housewives show. Cassie and Gary’s story is more about their adoption process (so far, they have only aired 2 episodes). I cannot say enough good things about them. They are two open and loving people. I remember when S told me that his sister was going to contact me on FB to get to know me shortly after he and I met. Once I finally met her we went to lunch and I had the best time just walking around getting to know her. She truly is an amazing person. Can I be related to her even though he and I broke up? ha I don’t think you’ll find anyone with a bigger heart than Cassie.
Here is the extended opening.. If you check out the link above with her story, there are 3 videos on her page. They show a closet tour, a home tour, and what the ladies think of Cassie. I hate they didn’t show their library. They have an ahhhhmazing library slammed full of books in their home. I could live in that room alone for months.
I have been reading Chelsea’s blog since I started my first blog in 2009. She posted this on IG and I cracked up laughing.
This post on 5 fattest foods girls love to eat had me dying. Funny and very true!!
Remember when I posted about Theo and Beau? Check out her Freshpet Team Cuddle Finalists. ADORABLE!
That’s all I have for this week. It’s been a rough week for me. Say some prayers please! 🙂
|March 4, 2014||Posted by V under love, loves it, marriage, music|
I love this song. John Legend wrote it for his wife. She has said that when she first heard it, she bawled. If a man that I loved wrote this for me, I would too!
I love the first verse..
“What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You’ve got my head spinning, no kidding, I can’t pin you down
What’s going on in that beautiful mind
I’m on your magical mystery ride
And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me, but I’ll be alright”
live under a rock don’t know who she is, a great example of her smart mouth can be found here. I personally find her refreshing. She’s prob the only celeb that doesn’t filter her thoughts.
|March 3, 2014||Posted by V under bucket list, food|
|March 1, 2014||Posted by V under advice, dating, living life, love|
How amazing is this story!? A wife induces labor so her dying husband can hold their newborn one time.
Does your birth number describe you? I got #7. Accurate!
8 acts of chivalry to bring back. I like to think of it as bringing sexy back.
Betty White is older than sliced bread and other fun facts.