|November 1, 2016||Posted by V under bucket list, cocktails, cray, friends, living life, loves it, new ish, travel, tv|
Taping of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon!!! HOLY SHITBALLS
|May 29, 2016||Posted by V under M, tv|
Anyone that knows me knows that I am 100% obsessed with Jimmy Fallon. Because, well, perfection. I have always thought he was hot dating back to his SNL days. I decided to watch Fever Pitch tonight. Super cute movie and Jimmy is freaking adorable in it.
While watching it, the way he said something caught me off guard. The phrase, what ever it was, reminded me so much of M. Then of course I was like GD…UGGGHHHHH. That’s the last person I need to think about. I mean, after so long someone shouldn’t still consistently in your thoughts, right?? 🙁
Also, apparently I’ve had a type since 1998.
|November 27, 2014||Posted by V under change, loves it, M, marriage, music, sex, tv|
After watching Lorde perform this on the AMA’s I wanted to listen to it more. It found it’s way onto my playlist.
|June 1, 2014||Posted by V under friends, loves it, music, tv|
Lately I have been experiencing extreme sadness at times. About 2 weeks ago I was at my BFFs house talking with her and I broke down in tears. For about 7 years I have been praying for my husband. Not a husband, because that would be settling, and I don’t settle. The. One. The one that was meant for me.
That’s only a portion of the sadness, really. There are so many changes that I want to happen in my life, but timing is such a bitch. In a lot of ways, there is nothing I can do. I can’t will it to me. I have to actually have patience.
Story. Of. My. Life……
A friend of mine once told me that LA was my city. He said it was me wrapped into a city. I never really understood what he meant by that.
Last night I was catching up on my DVR and I decided I should watch the iHeartRadio Music Awards. Jared Leto’s band, 30 Seconds to Mars performed “City of Angels”. It was late and I thought pausing it before his song would be a good stopping point so I could head to bed. For some reason I decided to watch it.
After watching, I understood what my friend meant.
LA does seem like my city. For some reason it makes me hopeful and a little less sad. Isn’t it crazy how music can do that?
|March 23, 2014||Posted by V under loves it, music, tv|
This past Friday Kevin Bacon was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. I’ve loved Kevin since Footloose. That is one of my all time favorite movies. I was indifferent to watching him, but Jimmy is unpredictable.. This year is the 30th anniversary to Footloose. Jimmy told the crowd that dancing is outlawed on The Tonight Show.
This happened, and I loved it.
|March 8, 2014||Posted by V under bloggers, books, change, cray, fam, food, funny, health, living life, loves it, S, tv|
My bikini came in the mail on Friday! Unfortunately my T&A took one look at it and laughed. It will be sent back as you can definitely see my butt crack in the small bottoms and my boobs look like they might pop out of the top at any minute. I’ve never had to order a large top. WTF? Apparently Australian sizes are completely different than US. I showed Ashley the top and her response was “that is not a medium top!” It really does look like an XS.
This is how it should look, but doesn’t.
I have a confession. I’m a sugar addict. My favorite food is cake. Recently I came across 25 reasons to stop eating sugar. The fact that it’s been linked to cancer alone makes me seriously rethink my intake.
Remember a few years ago when I dated S? Well, his sister Cassie is on a little show called Private Lives of Nashville Wives.
Check out some clips of Cassie. This is not your typical trashy Housewives show. Cassie and Gary’s story is more about their adoption process (so far, they have only aired 2 episodes). I cannot say enough good things about them. They are two open and loving people. I remember when S told me that his sister was going to contact me on FB to get to know me shortly after he and I met. Once I finally met her we went to lunch and I had the best time just walking around getting to know her. She truly is an amazing person. Can I be related to her even though he and I broke up? ha I don’t think you’ll find anyone with a bigger heart than Cassie.
Here is the extended opening.. If you check out the link above with her story, there are 3 videos on her page. They show a closet tour, a home tour, and what the ladies think of Cassie. I hate they didn’t show their library. They have an ahhhhmazing library slammed full of books in their home. I could live in that room alone for months.
I have been reading Chelsea’s blog since I started my first blog in 2009. She posted this on IG and I cracked up laughing.
This post on 5 fattest foods girls love to eat had me dying. Funny and very true!!
Remember when I posted about Theo and Beau? Check out her Freshpet Team Cuddle Finalists. ADORABLE!
That’s all I have for this week. It’s been a rough week for me. Say some prayers please! 🙂
|February 23, 2014||Posted by V under change, funny, tv|
Once I made it out of bed yesterday, I decided to go to the minute clinic at CVS to get some abx. OTC was just not working anymore. After getting my Rx filled I went home and caught up on my DVR. I hadn’t watched any of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. So many funny moments!! Here are some of my favs.
|December 30, 2013||Posted by V under cray, dating, M, tv|
Over Christmas there wasn’t a lot on tv. One movie that I watched was The Break Up with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Anniston. I was playing around on my Mac and half listening to the movie in the background. Towards the end one particular scene caught my eye….
Brooke: I just don’t know how we got here. Our entire relationship, I have gone above and beyond for you, for us. I’ve cooked, I’ve picked your shit up off the floor, I’ve laid your clothes out for you like you’re a four year old. I support you, I supported your work. If we ever had dinner or anything I did the plans, I take care of everything. And I just don’t feel like you appreciate any of it. I don’t feel you appreciate me. All I want is to know, is for you to show me that you care.
Gary: Why didn’t you just say that to me?
Brooke: I tried. I’ve tried.
Gary: Never like that, you might have said some things that meant to imply that, but I’m not a mind reader…
Brooke: It wouldn’t matter you are who you are. Just leave me alone ok? Right now, just shut my door.
Story. Of. My. Life. Holy balls. Also, this scene between Gary and his friend Johnny O.
Gary: I mean, what does she expect, for me to want to go [to the concert] with the girl who dumped me?
Johnny O: I don’t know. She probably just wanted you, you know, to show her the respect of not standing her up or some shit, who knows?
Gary: Well, damn it. I should have just said no in the first place. I don’t know why I called…
Johnny O: You know what? It’s her fault she got hurt. You shouldn’t even feel bad about it. She should have expected it from you. You’re a fun guy, okay? Everybody likes you. You’re the quickest guy I know. Anytime we go out, I have a blast. All right? But, you know, everybody who knows you knows you’re gonna do what you want to do. And if it’s not what the other person wants to do, well, that’s their problem.
Gary: That’s bullshit.
Johnny O: It’s not bullshit.
Gary: There’s plenty of times I do shit that I don’t want to do. That’s ridiculous. No. Like when? That’s bullshit to say about me.
Johnny O: When have we ever done something you didn’t want to do?
Gary: You know, I don’t know, off the top of my head. I don’t keep score…
Johnny O: When’s the last time we went to a Sox game? The Sox. Not when they’re playing the Cubs, either. We always do what you want to do and she always did what you want to do. It’s who you are. Everybody thinks that you’re their friend, okay? But the fact of the matter is that there’s not one person that I know that you trust enough to let close enough that they could hurt you. And her big problem is that you really liked her. I mean, she is the one girl you really liked. And no matter what she did and how hard she tried, you were never gonna let your guard down. That poor girl never stood a chance.
My entire relationship with M is summed up in those two scenes. My life is sad. 😛
|November 17, 2013||Posted by V under beauty, loves it, music, new ish, tv|
I’ve been sucked in to this season’s The Voice. Why I haven’t been watching this show before, I have no idea. I am watching DVR’d episodes of the live shows and I’m blown away by a few of the performances. The Voice trumps American Idol for sure. Here are two songs that I heard because of The Voice that I think are incredible.
|October 24, 2013||Posted by V under beauty, loves it, marriage, tv|
I think it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with Jessie James and her husband, Eric Decker. I’ve been watching their show on E! and I think they are the CUTEST couple ever. He plays for the Broncos and she is a singer. You may remember this song of hers..
I think she’s hilarious and I love how she speaks her mind. Like when she says to her mom, “I think he [Eric] shot a sperm in me last night.” hahaha! Then her mom is only concerned that the wedding dress won’t fit. Love it!
She loves cake as much as I do!
She has a yorkie! And that’s just funny..
A convo Sydney (her younger sister) posted on IG. Dying!!
I love that he was so pumped about being a dad (before they got preg). They showed him washing their labs in the tub and he was picking out “hangers” from their butts. That’s love. I’ve totally had to do that before, and it’s not fun. Part of the job though!
They are a pair after my own heart!
She is currently preg with their first kid. That kid will either be the best looking kid ever. I kind of want to be her, is that weird? I’ll just take her legs though, I wish I had those legs!
|September 3, 2013||Posted by V under cray, love, loves it, marriage, tv|
This performance was on Britain’s Got Talent 2013. This is such an amazing video.
|September 20, 2012||Posted by V under change, loves it, tv|
While I was home earlier this week puking from a migraine, I was able to catch up on some videos I had been meaning to watch.
I freaking LOVE LG. I was her one year for Halloween I love her so much. I just think that she is very inspirational. Celebs who stand up for good causes like bullying? Awesome. I love that her mom did the interview with Oprah too. You can tell they are really close, which isn’t something you’d expect. Check out her Foundation here.
A friend of mine told me to check her out on Oprah’s Next Chapter. This might just be my new favorite show, you guys! It’s in parts..so here they are.
Unforch I can’t find Part 6! AHH! Love her even more now.
|May 24, 2012||Posted by V under B, bloggers, fam, health, tv|
I have been tagged! Courtney shared 25 things we don’t know about her and now it’s my turn. I had the opportunity to meet Court when I went to Vegas last May and she is super awesome and down to earth. Go check out her blog!
Now for the 25 Things…
1. I completed a few semesters in college. I got tired of the BS classes (English, Math, P.E.). What’s up with taking those again in college? Is 12 years of them not enough? Will I actually learn anything I didn’t learn in school? Doubtful!
2. I am cold 98% of the time. I’m that girl that will run the heater under her desk in the summer.
3. After working at my current job for 5 years, they are just now learning that I am OCD about things being neat. Way to pay attention guys!
4. Last week I may or may not have squeezed my dog too hard and he squealed. Once I let go he walked away and I got on to him because we were snugglin’!
5. Sometimes I think I’ll be single until I’m in my mid-thirties. I hope it’s not the case, but I have a feeling it will be.
6. Since the last bf, I have been thinking about signing up for online dating. Crazy because I always said NO to it. It still scares me. I mean, first dates are awkward enough, right?!
7. There is one ex in particular that I had some ahhhhhhmazing chemistry with. Maybe he is my Mr. Big? Doubtful. Sometimes I do wonder “what if”.
8. I have always been “tiny”, until recently. I swear my ENT doctor is out to make me fat. Being on steroids twice does not make me feel good about myself!
11. I have always been a night owl. I blame my dad. My mom said he would wake my sister and I up in the middle of the night so he could play with us.
12. I need a little girl, of my likeness. Curly blonde hair, big green eyes.. Eventually.
13. I love the summer but hate it at the same time because it is SO humid. Nothing like walking outside and wanting to take another shower.
14. I hate taking a bath and I only do it when I am super sick. Even then sometimes I’ll take a shower. There’s something that grosses me out about sitting in your own filth. You’re supposed to get clean!
15. I have two tattoos and wish I had none. If I won the lottery that’s one of the first things I’d do.
16. I am such a planner. I plan every aspect of my life that I can, and then some.
18. If I could be 5’4” or 5’5” I would never have to buy the “short” pants or get them hemmed.
19. I think I want one boy and one girl when I have kids.
20. I love pinterest. What did I do before it?
21. I wish my pinterest boards were real life.
22. I love the Olsen twins. They are so tiny and perfect looking. Minus their weird clothing.
23. I don’t usually wash my legs or feet. I figure the soap runs down. How dirty are your legs getting if you wear pants daily? I ped egg my feet on the regular, and shave too..
24. My leg hairs are blonde, minus the ones near each ankle. Odd!
25. My dog and I have legit conversations. I will ask him a question and he will shake his head and make a noise. The noise is like a “pffft” noise, which is also the noise he makes instead of barking.